What Is ITero Tech?
iTero technology combines state-of-the-art intraoral laser scanners with proprietary software to produce a 3D model of the oral cavity. The handheld wand contains sensors that scan the entire mouth in seconds, capturing highly detailed images of the teeth, gums, and bite.
iTero specialized software immediately processes the oral images to produce optical impressions. Many dental professionals consider the detail of these 3D digital impressions to be far superior to that of traditional plaster models.
What is the iTero intraoral scanner?
The iTero intraoral scanner and integrated software deliver high-quality digital impressions of full dental arches, including hard and soft tissue, displayed in real-time on a computer screen. Dental professionals can manipulate the images by using the touchscreen, turning or enlarging them for different viewpoints and patient viewing.
The iTero process is fast, providing full arch scans in as little as 60 seconds. Scans offer greater detail than plaster impressions, and the process is significantly more comfortable for the patient without the “gagging” often experienced during plaster impressions.
Applications of iTero technology
- Restorative dental procedures such as crowns, bridges, veneers, and onlays (porcelain restorations to fill a gap in the tooth)
- Bridges and custom implants
- Orthodontic scans for production of braces, appliances, or aligners
- Accurately scans edentulous (toothless) arches
Benefits of iTero intraoral scans
Studies have found digital imaging to be as accurate or more accurate than dental impressions while providing a more positive patient experience and excellent outcomes.
iTero technology benefits both dental health professionals and patients in meaningful ways.
- Comfortable, stress-free process
- Ability to see current gum and tooth health
- Past and present scans demonstrate the significance of oral changes over time
- Enables patients to see how their teeth may look after Invisalign or other corrective procedures
- Shorter time between the initial scan for Invisalign treatment to the patient’s first set of aligners
- Superior results from dental procedures based on iTero data
General practitioners and orthodontists:
One of the most significant benefits to patients and practitioners is the iTero TimeLapse feature, which records a patient’s tooth wear, movements, and gingival changes over time. Time-lapse changes give patients a visual understanding of why their practitioner recommends specific actions and the decisions they can make together to ensure dental health.
Other benefits of iTero technology include:
- Outstanding 3D image outputs
- Saves valuable clinic time
- Greater patient satisfaction and outcomes
- Reliable, intuitive operations
- Connects to labs and other outside services, shortening turnaround times
- Enables lab to determine tooth color and gingival character
- Engineered to integrate with the Invisalign® System
iTero partners with Invisalign for superior results
Invisalign® is a patented system of clear plastic aligners that gradually move the teeth to a better position to enhance health and appearance. The aligners are made in Invisalign manufacturing facilities using data supplied by dental partners like Angeloni Orthodontics.
iTero designed their scanners to work seamlessly with Invisalign to enable patients to see how their teeth may look after Invisalign treatment and track progress during treatment, using the Invisalign® Outcome Simulator and Progress Assessment tool.
The Outcome Simulator increases the number of patients opting for Invisalign treatment and may improve patient compliance throughout the process.
Some studies have found patients fitted with Invisalign using iTero scans have fewer fit issues, a faster start to treatment, and greater patient satisfaction.
Patients at Angeloni Orthodontics love the Invisalign process. It is comfortable from start to finish, the clear aligners are barely noticeable and can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing, and the results are undeniable. Dr. Angeloni is proud to offer Invisalign, powered by iTero technology, to create beautiful smiles on people of all ages.
Angeloni Orthodontics is a proud member of the beautiful Winter Garden community! Our office prides itself on nurturing close, personal relationships with our patients while providing services–like Invisalign–to create stunning smiles. Make an appointment with Dr. Angeloni today!